WeTheBrave, a South African sexual health campaign for gay men, released an ad focusing on gay love and coming out, however, several ad networks deemed it too risqué for placement and blocked it.
We The Brave is a sexual health campaign with the MSM community in mind. This is the first large scale campaign ever in South Africa to specifically address gay men and other men who have sex with men.
Spearheaded by the Anova Health Institute, and funded by the Elton John AIDS Foundation, the WeTheBrave.co.za campaign addresses both prevention and treatment issues in an affirming, non-judgemental and sex positive way, which will be entertaining and engaging.
Here are some ways you can join their mission:
- Read some of their educational articles and maintain your sexual health
- Attend their outreach and partnered events
- Read the brave stories others had to share (and share your own!)
- Use their tweet generator to share with others what makes your #BraveEnough
- Visit their free participating clinics or contact a relevant professional
- Browse through the FAQ section and feel free to submit your own questions
- Talk to us, about anything and everything!